The time has come and I’m here to help with my Mindful Marketing Checklist. Here are my top five words of wisdom for those reopening post lockdown (or for those getting ready to)…
1) Sense check those marketing vitals – is your website up to date? Is your Google Business up to date with correct opening hours and with a reopening post? Have you told your customers via your social media and email marketing about your reopening and any ‘need to knows’?
2) Revisit those Ideal Clients, Objectives and Brand Values. People grow, priorities change and life evolves. Updating your vision boards & brain dumping in a journal are just a couple of ways that can help with this.
3) Cross reference all of your marketing touchpoints (social media, email marketing, website and everything else). Do you need to update, refresh or revise any content strategies as a result of point 2?
3) Time manage! Taking on too much too soon is emotionally exhausting and sometimes taking lots of little steps contribute more productively to the one big step toward normality. Be honest with your time available to prevent feelings of overwhelm. Write small to do lists and tick them off as you go for a feeling of achievement.
4) Put on some TUNES (I’m thinking Roar by Katy Perry, Soar by Christina Aguilera & the Flashdance tune What A Feeling) and prioritise time to fill up your cup (i.e. yoga, a run, affirmations etc).
5) Approach this new chapter with a dose of perspective and mindful motivation. Try and be a bit more present every day, take it all in, enjoy each phase and be kind to your marketing mind. If you don’t nurture your overall wellbeing in this process then your productivity, creativity and mindset can feel a negative and overwhelming knock on effect.
I hope this has been helpful?
Let me know in the comments and feel free to give this a share for the small biz love!
To all the businesses reopening post lockdown, I’m wishing you ALL THE LOVE in the world & well done to those in this small business community carrying others through. It really does take a village. ❤️
Image: Cathryn Lavery / Unsplash